Calling all humans, semi-humans, or demi-gods in the InfoSec and Hacking community with special skills in Exploit-Fu, Wi-Fu, or any other hacking ninja skills. ROOTCON 11 is in need of awesome speakers with cutting-edge talks.
Pro-tip: Put it this way, if you are one of the review board or one of the attendees, how would you make your talk more interesting.
Where to submit? - Submit your paper to cfp[at]rootcon[at]org
Email Subject - email your talks with subject line of RC11 CFP Submission - [TOPIC NAME]
Submission Deadline - will be before June 20, 2017
Topics of interest but not limited to:
- Real-life hack (responsible disclosure required)
- Non-tech hacking
- New tool release
- Exploit Development
- Reverse Engineering
- Web Application Attacks
- Tools 101 (Metasploit, Nmap, etc…etc…)
- Wireless Attacks (3G, 4G, 802.11(x))
- Cloud Security
- Vulnerability Discovery
- OS Level Vulnerabilities
- Physical Security (Lock picking – Digital Locks or Digital Safes)
- SQL Injections
- Vendor Appliance Vulnerabilities
- Exploitation Techniques
- Mobile Security
Night Tracks (HOT & NEW)
So what is a Night Tracks? A night tracks is a never before seen or heard presentation, the presentation on Night Tracks will be focused on cutting-edge research, zer0-day presentation, or a unique IoT vulnerability discovery.
Night Tracks Qualification:
Any of the topics of interest, provided that the following are met:
- Must be a cutting-edge research.
- Topic has not been presented nor published in any other conferences.
- Developed a zerØ-day (never released to the wild, but must have full-disclosure)
- Appliance-centric vulnerability or zerØ-day (never released to the wild, responsible disclosure and demo required)
- Unique IoT vulnerability (responsible disclosure and demo required)
If you qualify for the Night Tracks, then you are a demi-god or super-human in the hacking community and you will receive a ROOTCON ElectiBadge that grants PERPETUAL access to ROOTCON.
(*) Denotes Mandatory Field
Please copy the needed information together with the agreement and paste them on a .txt format.
Speaker Name *:
Title and Company (if applicable):
Email Address *:
Mobile Number *:
Location: e.g. Metro Manila, Others please specify.
Short Bio: *: This part should contain a little info about yourself, what you do, etcetera - to be posted on the site.
Have you talked on previous ROOTCON events or any organized events under ROOTCON *? Yes or No.:
Co-speaker does not get a free slot at the conference we will only be giving 20% discount from the regular rate to your co-speaker.
This part should contain info about your presentation.
Name of Presentation: (name goes here)
Abstract: (A sketchy summary of your presentation which we can post on the website, giving the attendee an idea what your presentation is about in a nutshell.)
Preferred date and time of presentation:
Time: AM, PM or Anytime will do
Day: Day 1 or Day 2? (Applicable to speakers that has only one topic)
Technical demo? Yes or No.
Audience Participation needed? Yes or No.
LCD Projector? Yes or No.
Internet access? Yes or No, if yes specify wireless or wired.
White Board? Yes or No.
Any other equipment requirements? Please specify.
I warrant that the above presentation is of my own work, or if copied, permission has been obtained from the author for publications on ROOTCON 11, and that I will give credits accordingly.
I will grant permission to ROOTCON to post my presentation on the ROOTCON Relics after the event.
1. As a ROOTCON speaker, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
a. Free registration to ROOTCON 11, you will enjoy all benefits included on registration. (This will include Swags, Food, etc)
b. Speakers coming from within the Philippines (domestic), accommodation and air-ticket will be shouldered by ROOTCON (ROOTCON preferred airline and hotel.)
c. Speakers coming from outside the Philippines (international), accommodation and transport from airport to the venue (vice versa) will be shouldered by ROOTCON (ROOTCON preferred hotel).
d. One ROOTCON speaker token.
e. One Speaker Badge
f. And of course free booze all throughout the conference.
g. Access to ROOTCON 11 post-con party.
h. Certificate of attendance (speaking engagement) by request.
2. ROOTCON will be responsible for providing all equipments and setup needed for the presentation as stated on the Equipment Needs.
3. ROOTCON will not be responsible for all other expenses not included on the Equipment Needs and on the benefits stated above.
4. Creation of the presentation will be done by the speaker himself. ROOTCON members can assist the speaker such as preparing the LCD Projector, white board, prepare the stage, setup of the microphone and assistance during the demo. Other requests should be addressed to the ROOTCON organizing committee.
5. ROOTCON will not disclose speakers personal and contact information unless stated by the speaker.
6. ROOTCON must not be held liable for the safety of their speakers before, during and after the event.
7. Speaker will be held liable in creating his/her disclaimer if the presentation contains hacking exposure.
8. In the event the speaker changes his topic, he must inform the cfp [at] rootcon dot org one (1) month before the event; new topic will be subject to approval.
9. Speakers are advised to check-in at the hotel one (1) day before the event. This is to meet the organizing committee, give you proper orientation about the venue, prepare your equipments and discuss other important matters before the event.
10. On the event proper, the speakers should be at the venue an hour or two prior to his or her presentation.
11. Speaker who wishes to decline or backs out from his speaking engagement, he should inform cfp [at] rootcon dot org one (1) month before the event.
12. Substitution is allowed provided that the original speaker will look for his own substitute and inform the organizing committee the complete profile of the new speaker (substitute) one month before the event.
13. ROOTCON will only pay the additional hotel accommodation if the speaker has pending tracks on the following day
14. To maintain the quality of topics, all topics are selected according to awesomeness level.
15. Final Presentation materials should be sent to cfp [at] ROOTCON /./ org, one month before the CON. This is for security reasons in any case the speaker lost his .ppt presentation due to laptop corruption or any other unexpected circumstances.
I, (insert your name here), have read the above and understand and agree to the terms as detailed in the Speaking Remuneration Agreement and Copyright Agreement.
In the event the Speaker failed to comply with the Speaking Remuneration Agreement and Copyright Agreement, ROOTCON reserves its right to revoke any benefits entitled to the speaker.