ROOTCON is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where all participants, regardless of background, identity, or ability, can engage in meaningful discussions and networking. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for behavior to ensure that everyone feels welcome and respected throughout the conference.
- Treat all participants, speakers, organizers, and staff with respect and consideration.
- Embrace diversity and inclusion. Discrimination, harassment, and exclusionary behavior will not be tolerated, including, but not limited to, those based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age.
- Help create a safe and harassment-free environment. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive comments, unwelcome advances, or any form of intimidation.
- Maintain a professional and respectful tone during discussions, presentations, and interactions with others. Respect personal boundaries.
- Respect the privacy and consent of others. Do not share personal information without permission.
- Abide by all applicable laws and regulations, including those related to intellectual property, data protection, and online behavior.If you witness or experience any violations of this Code of Conduct, please report them to the conference organizers promptly. They are committed to addressing concerns discreetly and effectively.
The following behaviors are not tolerated at ROOTCON:
- Harassment, bullying, or discrimination in any form.
- Offensive or inappropriate comments or content.
- Disruptive or aggressive behavior that interferes with the conference.
- Violations of privacy or consent.
- Any illegal activity or behavior that could harm others.
Consequences of Violations:
Participants who violate this Code of Conduct may face consequences, including but not limited to:
- Warning or reprimand by conference organizers.
- Removal from the conference without a refund.
- Reporting to relevant authorities in cases of illegal activities.
Updated: Thu Sept 21, 2023 revision: f097cab